Maybe it is just me but I’ve been feeling stuck. Well maybe stuck isn’t a good word, slowed down, mired, hedged in may be better descriptions. There is a passion that burns in my heart to see a global awakening in this generation, to see every nation, every level of society, and every sphere transformed. You may say that seems like a tall order to fill even for the apostil Paul. I say it isn’t. Paul did see it happen in His day and we are still feeling the effects of His prayers.
I was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago and we where recalling a time, a season, about six or seven years ago that we felt this movement beginning to really take shape, you could feel it in every worship time. You talked about it whenever you got together and prayed about it whenever you had a chance.
Looking back now there are choices, attacks of the enemy, or random circumstance that seem to have gotten in the way. Is that truth or is it something within each of us? Have we gotten tired, old, or in some way slowed down in this dream of revival?
I recently got a devotional from a good friend Krista Harris whom we have worked with as part of the Factory team. She talked about Gods guidance in this way that “when you can’t trace His hand, trust His heart”. There are times when His path is blindingly obvious and it is almost impossible to miss His leading. You can sense it at every turn and almost taste heaven in every worship time and every meeting, where you can see the lines in His hand it is so clear. But there are other times in our lives that you can barely see the next step. That when you can’t trace the lines in His hand you must trust His heart. This spoke to me so clearly not only in where Ellen and I are in our own lives but in the season we all seem to be in. I am not saying that awesome things are not happening and that all of Christendom is in a funk but that as a whole, we seem to be slowed down.
In the central valley of California there is a weather effect called tully fog which is a fog so dense that often you literally can’t see your hand in front of your face. When I was in Junior High in southern Cal we lived on a lake, there were times that we had this type of fog off of the lake. One morning I walked out of the house to go to meet the bus that would take me to school and I found myself following the yellow line on the side of the road just to walk to where the bus usually picked me up. I could almost not see my hand in front of my face. I feel that for whatever reason, the enemy, circumstance, or our own choices, we are in a season such as this.
The thing about this kind of fog is that it doesn’t last long. The fog layer is often very thin and it doesn’t take much more than the full light of day to burn it off. I believe that the full light of day is soon to come. My hope is that we don’t get in a massive wreck because we are trying to drive too fast before it burns off. I sense we need to take our time, not to shrink back but to slowly but steadily move forward preparing our selves for the moment the fog is lifted. We must be ready for that time though, we must be prepared. For when it comes it may be blinding, we may not be able to see for a moment for the beauty of it all but we must be ready to take action.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment